All cover guard® products are flame retardant and meet a variety of international standards and approvals.
Selected samples from the cover guard® range have been subjected to a series of tests utilising the test methodology contained in LPS1207 issue 2:2003 by BRE. These tests are:
- Small Flame test – carried out to BS476: Part 12 1991
- Large Flame test – using crib no. 7 from BS 5852
- Smoke & Toxic Gas Emission – using equipment and details as per EN2824, EN2825 & EN2826
- Oxygen Index – carried out according to BS2782: part 1: method 141: 1986
All items tested passed and satisfy these requirements; this does not imply full approval or certification to the LPCB LPS1207 Standard.
One item in the range, the Corriboard CG24122PP3LD, is fully approved and certificated to LPCB LPS1207.
Other tests that products have been subjected to include:
- IMO resolution A.471 (XIII) as amended by resolution IMO A652 (14) – carried out by Warrington Fire Research.
- FAR part 25: Appendix F, part 4 “Vertical Test” – carried out by Warrington Fire Research.
- French M1 Standard – carried out by SME Centre de Recherches da Bouchet and Laboratiore National D’essais.
Full test reports and, where applicable, certificates are available upon request.
cover guard® is used extensively at the Babcock Marine site in Plymouth and also at the BVT site in Portsmouth,as well as being recommended by the MOD.
cover guard® is recognised and approved for use by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency as well as holding Lloyds Register of Shipping approval.
Please contact us for further information, individual product approvals and case studies.